The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Saturday, July 9, 2011

"Nuggle Time" is My Time

For the last couple of months, Trev and I have started and kept up a new nightly routine. We clean up his room and clear the mess from the day and make a path to his bed.Get his pajamas on. Brush his teeth. Go potty and then, it's snuggle time. Or as Trev likes to say, nuggle time. I love this part of my day. I feel so needed when he says, "mom,come nuggle me for a lil bit!" I love that. I love climbing up into his bed, pulling the covers over his little body, resting my head on his doggy pillow pet or his puppy he's named Buddy or his froggy he's named Beans, pulling him close to me so I can smell his little clean from the bath tub little boy scent and feel his short stubble from his hair against my face.I tickle his back for a bit until his eyes get heavy, then I start tickling his face. I love watching his eyelids start to droop and his face smoosh up as it falls farther into his pillow. When his breathing starts getting louder and a slight snore can be heard, I know my nuggle time is almost up for the night and it makes me a little sad. I want it to be like this forever. I want him to ask for nuggle time every night for the rest of my life.I reluctantly pull his covers up over him like he likes it, kiss his cheek, give him a little squeeze and whisper "I love you" into his ear. Then I slowly crawl off of his bed, thanking my Heavenly Father for that nuggle time I just had with my son. Now if I can only find a way to make him stay little forever. I'd be one lucky mama.

1 comment:

Becca said...

This is such a tender moment, I love it when I get the chance to "nuggle" with Spencer, although I know it's going to be gone real fast. What a great mom and little boy who love each other so much!!! :) Hope you guys are doing good.