The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Layton Half Marathon 2011!!

I don't know why all of these pictures downloaded in the wrong order, but atleast they're all on here right? I ran the Layton Half Marathon again this year. This year the course was a little different though. Instead of going out and back, we started out on the causeway and then through Syracuse and into Layton.It was a lot harder this year because it was ALL a slight uphill. Instead of having half be a slight downhill and half slight uphill. I felt good until mile 9 and then my legs were screaming at me to stop. I got cramps in my hamstrings even. I had to stop and walk a few times but only let myself walk for a few seconds each time. It was a hard run but I did the best I could that day. I finished exactly one minute slower then last year and got done in 1 hr 56 minutes 46 seconds.My sister in law Jenny ran with me. She finished with a good time also. I liked knowing she was out there with me. I'm not sure I'll do this race again, but I'd like to think that next time I'll finish one minute FASTER then last time.

This is at the end of the race. I was about five feet away from the finish line and I was so happy.
After the race. My legs were so sore already. In the background you can see Andrew and Jackson and tanner and Jenny's parents.
My support crew
The day before the race Chad got me flowers and a card. So thoughtful.
This is at the halfway point. Chad and the kids were there and when I saw them I got a lump in my throat and I was fighting tears for the next half mile. I was so happy to see them there. I love my family.

No comments: