The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Slip and Slide + Two Crazy Primary Leaders= One Fun Time

We had our End of Summer ward party a few weeks ago and the primary's job was to get the water games set up. So we got a dunk tank and we also had a GIANT slip and slide. My friend Lisa, who is also the primary president, has this slip and slide that is just a giant piece of plastic and you hose it down and then slide on it. I had been wanting to slide on it from the moment I saw it. It was a hot evening and it just looked so fun, but I kept myself away from it worrying I'd make a fool of myself. When the party was almost over, Lisa came up to me and asked me if I wanted to run across the slip and slide. I said "YES!" right away and started kicking off my flip flops. She said "whoa I was just kidding.I didn't think you'd really want to do it!" I told her of course I did and she said she really wanted to too. I said let's slide on it though. I wanted to see how far I could go. So away we went, sprinting towards the slide, knocking children out of the way as we went. I dove head first onto the slide and Lisa did a baseball slide. We went one more time and that was all it took. We were drenched and it was so fun. I'm so happy that Lisa wanted to do that, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to try it.


Me and Lisa after we got wet. This picture doesn't do it justice.
After the slide
Trev at the party
Trying to spray Dad.

No comments: