The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Chad's Trip to Turkey

A few months ago Chad was asked to travel to Turkey for work. When he asked if that would be ok if he went, I said YES without hesitation. When will he ever be able to travel to Turkey again and have it completely paid for? I told him that he did need to bring me back something of course. So after all the paperwork was completed and he got his government issued passport and a few immunizations and a lesson or two on safety outside the US, he was on his way. I was a little worried about him leaving for a week so close to the end of my pregnancy, I was 34 weeks along, but all turned out well. It was good because We were able to talk a lot on the phone and skype and email. It was so weird for me to think that when I was going to bed, he was waking up for the day. He was tired after a 36 hour flight day on the way over there, but he didn't suffer from much jet-lag. He enjoyed some tasty new food, mostly lamb, and he took in the sights. He had a great time. But we were so so SO excited to have him back home.

On the way to Turkey they had a 13 hour layover in Belgium...So he did what I would've done and he went and got a waffle with strawberries and chocolate and whipped cream.

The view from his hotel room

Look at all of that fresh fruit

They went to this park that had a huge pirate ship
and the disney castle
Chad's plane landed at 9:00. I really wanted to be at the airport to greet him and drive him home since he was so tired from flying all day. I got the kiddos in their jammies and we made a sign and we headed to the airport. We stopped and picked up Jim and Kathy on our way so they could drive Chad's car home.
Waiting for Chad to get off the plane. We were hiding so we could jump out and surprise him.
He ended up seeing Trev and surprised us instead.
Everyone was so happy to have him home

No comments: