The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Big First Grader

Riley had her first day of first grade yesterday. I was a little nervous but I knew that she'd be fine. I even went back to her school to take some disinfectant wipes that I signed up to supply for the classroom and I walked across the playground. I found Riley playing with a little girl about 100 yards away from me. I thought that I made eye contace with her and waved to her but she didn't see me...or so I thought...and she just went on playing. When she got home that day I told her I was at her school and saw her playing on the playground and I waved but she didn't see me. She said oh I saw you mom. I said well why didn't you wave to me or come say hi? She said she didn't know. Wow she's already embarrassed to be seen with me. I guess I won't be going back to her school anytime soon. She was so excited though and she was worn out by the time she got home. I can't believe my baby is in first grade!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a doll! I know the feeling of the big shot first grade girl not wanting to hang with mom feeling...Brooklyn and I went to her open house the night before school started, and she kept finding friends to spend her time with rather than scope things out with me. i kept hearing myself say Brooklyn, come here, look at this...but in my mind I was thinking...holy cow, I'm so clingy! Isn't is great and sad at the same time to find that your baby is so independant?!