The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lights at Temple Square

A couple of weeks ago, we went to Salt Lake and visited Temple Square. After checking into our hotel we went to dinner at Cafe Rio. It was so yummy. After that we got back in the car and headed to temple square. After parking and unloading all the kiddos and getting them all bundled up to brave the cold night, it was my turn to bundle up. I had packed all of the kids' coats and scarves and gloves and even Chad's coat and hat and gloves. When I opened the back of the van to get my coat it wasn't there. I checked the whole car and not a coat could be found. I had left my coat at home. Luckily I had on a sweatshirt which I normally don't do. So I grabbed the blanket from the back and wrapped it around myself and off we went. We walked around and looked at all the lights. The kids were so good and all went well. We weren't there for very long...for obvious reasons...but the spirit was strong and it was neat to see the kids reactions to all the lights. This has definately become a favorite family tradition.



I know I look like a dork with the blanket but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do

The kids had a great time jumping on the beds. We were upgraded to a suite and the kids LOVED the extra space in our room. The mini fridge was a big hit too.

This is me and Trev after Trev fell head first into the pool and I had to jump in and save him...I was fully clothed and soaking wet. But Trevor was safe and that's what counts.

Trev LOVED the swimming pool.

My cute girls LOVING the warm water in the hot tub

1 comment:

SeelyFamily said...

Checking into a hotel??? Well, I guess all the way to Salt Lake City is quite the drive for you and your growing fam! :) We went to see the lights last weekend, Ali loved them. Oh and guess what...we came all the way from Texas and didn't even need a hotel! :) Just kidding! :)
Wow, I am glad you had a blanket, now coat- BBRRRRRRRR