The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Paityn Lola King Has Arrived!

Well three weeks early is how I like them. I went in on Thursday the 10th at 3:00 faking labor pains. I was having them, they were just self induced. I know...I'm tricky. So we went in and I was still dialated to a 2. The nurse called the doctor and he said to watch me for an hour or two and see if I was going to make any progress. So I walked the halls for an hour and then got checked again. I was only dialated to a 2 1/2 BUT the baby's head was engaged and I was thinned out more. So the doctor said to keep me. An hour later the doctor came to break my water as I was just getting finished hooking up to pitocin.This was at 6:00. He checked me and I was dialated to a 4!! He broke my water and away we went. I was stuck at a 5 1/2 FOREVER and finally made it to a 6 1/2 around 10:30. The next thing I know I'm feeling all sorts of pressure and the nurse comes in and checks me because the baby's heartbeat was reacting to the contractions like she was ready to come. I was at a 10!! In came the dr and the nurses. After one contraction and 2 big pushes, out came Paityn.At 12:25 AM, weighing in at 6 lbs. 7 ozs. and 19 inches long, she's by far my smallest. She looks A LOT like Cami and Trev. We had a long first night barely getting to our at 3:00 in the morning. She is having to be under the lights for jaundice treatment for the next couple of days but other then that she is a happy camper. The kids were so excited to meet her and I was so excited to be home. Paityn is such a good baby and I am so excited and greatful to have her. Take a look at this cute brand new blessing.

Right after she was born...first time she opened her eyes.

Dad and Paityn

Mom and Paityn


All snuggled up



Happy to be wearing cute clothes and going home!!





4 comments:

Jenny said...

she's adorable! congratulations ally! i'm so glad that paityn made it safely. have fun with your mom and enjoy your sweet baby!

Becca said...

YEA!! So glad everything is great! Congrats you guys! :) We are so happy your adorable family is growing. :) She's precious.

Nick and Trisha said...

Congratulations Ali! She's a cutie!

SeelyFamily said...

You are so tricky! :) Ha, ha,

Paityn is absolutely beautiful. congrats!

Oh, Dr. Sumsion. I sure miss him. Tell him HELLO.

Hey, I am in Utah. Would it work to come see you on Tuesday afternoon? :) Let me know!