The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Out of the Mouth of the King Babes

The girls have been saying some cute things lately and I need to blog them so that I can always remember them. I know that if I don't blog them now I will forget them. So forgive me for being out of order.
A week or so ago Riley was talking about how she's learning about the world and the continents and all of that. Cami joined in on the conversation. This is how it went:
Riley: "There's North America and South America."
Chad: "Which one do we live on?"
Riley: "North."
Chad: "What country do we live in?"
Cami: "I know!!! The United STEAKS of America!"
Chad: " United STATES of America...good job Cami!"
I don't know...I sure like the sound of Cami's a lot better. Tasty!!!

Last night we were having family night. Riley was in charge of the lesson. She gave the lesson on the first Easter. She put the whole thing together on her own and we were very impressed. She talked about Christ and the Crucifixion...then the resurrection. She got to the part where Christ returns and visits the Americas. This is how it went:
Riley: "When Christ was resurrected he came and he visited the people of... was it the people of West Point or the people of Utah?"
Chad: (Chuckle)" The people in the Americas"
Riley: "So the Americans?"
Chad: "Yes"
Oh you have to LOVE the kiddos...They have such a simple view on things. I wish I could go back to those times. And who knows...West Point is a pretty RIGHTEOUS place... Maybe Christ did come here.

No comments: