The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cliff Jumping

We were all packed up and ready to leave the flaming gorge camp site when we went looking for our girls. We found them down on the other side of Katie and Scott's camp site on the edge of a cliff watching some cousins jump off of said cliff. Riley and Cami both wanted to do it. We had already packed up everyone's suits. So I hiked back up to the car and found the girls' suits and floaty. As I was getting out of the car I asked myself why don't I jump too? What the heck was my reply. So i put my suit on and so did Chad and we both went back down to the cliff. We got the suits on the girls and I proceeded to not look at the water underneath but to just take off running and jump in. It was AWESOME. Next Riley and Cami did it and they loved it and did it again and again. Next Chad. He did not have the same technique as me. He walked to the edge and peered down. Backed up waited a second or too and launched himself off into the water. We did it a few more times and finally dragged ourselves and the kids away from the cliff and into the car with wet clothes and off we took for the ride home. What a great time we had though.

Riley jumping off into the water where Katie was waiting... This little cliff was probably 5 feet out of the water...Pretty impressive if you ask me.

Cami's turn...She surprised me the most

Chad's take off





Plugging his nose




and splash



This was my third attempt



Ready... set... go







Wide base


No comments: