The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Turkey Tango Equals Sweaty Hands

Riley informed us last night that the Turkey Tango is on Monday in her school class. It was kind of a funny conversation. Here's how it went...

Riley: "Mom, the turkey tango is on Monday." (Heavy sigh)
Mom: "What's the turkey tango?"
Riley: "It's where the boys get up and ask the girl that they want to dance with to dance."
Mom: "Are you nervous?"
Riley: "Yeah. Last year Jay asked me to dance and my hands got all sweaty."

I thought that was so cute. She is so nervous to dance with another boy. I remember those days of sweaty palms and shaking knees when close to a boy. It is very scary. I have a feeling though that this is only the first of many experiences with boys for my beautiful Riley. Now we just have to teach her how to tell them to go away.

No comments: