The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I Hurt My Dinger!" And Other "Shunny" Trevor-isms!!


Trevor is such a handful of a boy but we love him to death. He keeps us on our toes with his daily antics and he keeps us smiling and laughing with the funny things that he says. Trev has ALWAYS had a hard time talking and when he finally did start talking, we couldn't get him to stop. He struggles with saying his "F's" and "K" sounds. So what comes out sometimes is something that will take you a second to figure out but once you do it will keep you laughing for hours.We always like to see people's reactions to the things that he says. Here are some examples:

-"Ouch I hurt my dinger"...Translation: "Ouch I hurt my finger". (Remember he is still working on the "F" sound)
-"That is berry shunny mom"...Translation: "That is very funny mom"
-"I want some more shishies"...Translation: "I want some more fishies"
-"When we goin to Tanisorna Mom?"...Translation: "When are we going to California Mom?"
-"I want to watch Under the Bridge"...Translation: "I want to watch Over the Hedge"
-"I want some lot of them"...Translation: "I want a lot of them"
-"Wow dat is amasin"...Translation: "Wow that is amazing"
-" I berry want it"...Translation: "I really want it"
-"Remember how much shun we had yesternight"...Translation: "Remember how much fun we had last night"
-"I berry want to watch a hoovie"...Translation:"I really want to watch a movie"

These are just a few examples of the funny things that he says to us. He is such a cute kid. I was talking to my mother in law and I was telling her about all the things that Trev does that gets under my skin and she said "Yeah I know exactly how that is. Chad was the same way when he was that age." WHAT?!! My Chad? The perfect husband and father Chad used to be a beast of a child? No way. I thought to myself, "well, if Trevor turns out to be anything like his daddy I'll be one lucky mama." Trevor has a great example of a man to follow. Knowing that Chad used to be like Trev when he was younger gives me hope that Trev will one day grow out of this phase and grow up to be just like his daddy. That's my hope. As for right now, we'll just enjoy the funny things he says and he'll keep us on our toes and laughing.

No comments: