The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

This Has Gotta Be The Good Life...I'm Happy Like A Fool!!

I have the BEST kiddos and husband in the world. I had a GREAT Mother's Day. First I got up and got the kiddos some breakfast and with each kiddo I got up, I received yet another present. They just kept piling up. Chad had wrapped two presents for me and left them on the counter since he has to leave early for meetings. I had no idea what to expect. I first read cards and then opened presents. I love reading cards from my kids. It always reminds me of when I was young and what I would do for my parents on their special days. Then I opened the presents. I got the Children's Songbook from Chad which I was so excited about because I have been wanting one forever so that I could learn the songs and how to play them. I also wanted to play the piano for family night when the kids pick what songs they want to sing. I also got an AWESOME book from Chad called, Do You Know How Much I Love You? by John Bytheway. It is a great book and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for advice on how to achieve a balanced life.Then I opened my kiddos presents. I LOVED them all. Here are some pictures...


Riley gave me a necklace that she made herself in her school class. It is so cute. It's made out of a washer and scrapbook paper. So easy and so cute. Loved it.
Cami gave me a poem with her hand print and her kisses on it. The poem says this:
Sticky fingers and big wet kisses
dirty toes and stars with wishes
splashing through puddles and hugs too tight
afternoon naps and sleepless nights
I'm growing so fast, and I'll soon be grown
So I've made this hand print for your very own
Tuck it away, and keep it please
so years from now you can see
how much I've changed as time went by
and you can always remember my...
sticky fingers and big wet kisses
dirty toes and stars with wishes

Isn't that so cute. I cried. My babies will be grown in no time at all and that is so sad to me but exciting at the same time.
Trevor made me a candy flower in nursery...
and so did Pait. This is her new smile. She is a crack up.

My babies will soon be all grown up. I know that it's going to go by in a flash. I can't believe how much time I've already wasted. Trev was sitting on my lap in Sacrament meeting on Sunday and I was kissing his head wondering how much longer I will be able to hold him like that. Tears filled my eyes as I thought of how fast they are all growing up and how they are all getting a little too big to sit on my lap. I will miss those times. I will miss the kisses and hugs and hand holding and cuddling. I know there will times that those things will still happen but it won't be the same. It won't be as often. So I promised myself that no matter how busy I think I am, no matter how many dishes are piled up in the sink, no matter how many toys are spread across my house, I will always stop and take advantage of those times that my kids want to snuggle or need me for something or want me to read them a book. Because I don't want to be remembered as the mother that always had a spotless house or who never sat down to rest because there were dishes to do and meals to make. I want my kids to remember me as the mother who loved spending time with them and playing with them and snuggling with them. I will not waste anymore time being selfish with my time because soon those moments will be gone and I'll wish they would come back.

No comments: