The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Ogden Marathon...Motherload Rocks!!

On Saturday the 21 of May, the Ogden Marathon was going on. I was part of a full marathon relay team. There were five of us: Me, Allison, Natalie, Lindsey and Amber. We are all mother's of Riley's soccer teammates. We had so much fun. Allison and I got up super early and headed to the bus that left at 5 am to take us to the start of the full marathon. After dropping Allison off at the start, The bus dropped me off at my leg start. I ran six miles. I was nervous and excited. The waiting was hard, especially in the cold.But Allison came down the hill in no time at all and off I went. I was feeling good and had a great run. The hills slowed me up a bit but I was at the end of my run in no time. I passed the baton off to Natalie and headed for the bus. It took FOREVER for the bus to get going and get us back down to the finish line. But I made it and found my family. I said a quick hello and told them to get their cameras ready to catch me crossing the finish line. I found Allison and we waited for Amber to come in sight. We found Amber and we took off running. The three of us crossed the finish line together and waited for Natalie and Lindsey to finish. Our team ended up finishing 5 out of 37 female relay teams. Not too shabby for a bunch of soccer moms. I found my family and showed off my medal and headed home for some rest and relaxation. I had a great time and vowed to myself that next year,if we end up doing a relay team again, I will run the rest of the way in, even if it will be a full marathon.

Trev waiting for me at the finish line
Riley and Cam holding up their signs
Me 6 miles, Natalie 5 miles, Allison 7 miles, Lindsey 5 miles and Amber 3 miles. We made a great team.
Me and my kiddos.
Holding the signs that my awesome family made for me.

No comments: