The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Monday, September 20, 2010

It's Finally Happened!!


Ever since before I got married to Chad, I knew that when I had kids I wanted them to be athletic and love sports. Mostly I wanted them to love basketball. Marrying Chad sure did give me a better chance of having kids who would love sports and basketball. Riley has always loved soccer. She's good at it too. She is a kid who doesn't really like to try new things because she won't know how to do it perfect the first time. So she has stuck to soccer because she knows how to do it. Then we convinced her to try softball and she liked that after she got over her shyness of it all. But every year when that flyer telling us that youth basketball was going to start came around, Riley would tell us she doesn't want to play. Crushed, we would pick up the pieces of our hearts and say "we'll try again next year." Well last night it actually happened. Riley came to us and said "hey next year instead of baseball I want to play basketball." I was taken aback. I was excited to hear that she finally wanted to try it. She said that she would only play if Chad was her coach. Done deal! Thank you Riley for making my dreams come true.

No comments: