The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Monday, April 25, 2011

Another One Bites The Dust

Yet another blog post about Riley's TINY mouth and large teeth. Riley woke up one morning and told me that she had a sore on her gums. So I looked and to my surprise there was indeed and large infected bump on her gums. "Great" I thought. Yet another trip to the dentist followed by another dentist bill. So I got her an appointment and we made our way to the dentist. Dr. Hadley took one look and said, "well there is an infection. Now we just need to find out where it is coming from." So I was asked to stand behind the wall while they worked on Riley and prepped her for an X-ray. Little did I know that they were sticking a wire into the NOT NUMB sore on her gum and pushing it all the way into the infected tooth's root. Can you say OUCH? Poor girl. I came back into the room and asked Riley if it hurt...not knowing that they stuck this wire into her gum. She said "yeah, but only when they stuck this thing in my gum." She lifted up her lip and I saw the little pain causing wire sticking out of her gum. I was in shock. I said "are you numb. Could you feel it?" She said that she was not numb and she could feel it. I looked over at the screen showing the x-ray picture and saw the wire's route to the infection source. The dentist came back in and pulled out the wire, not gently I might add, and then said, "well let's get her numb, we're gonna have to pull it." Uh yeah!! Shouldn't you have gotten her numb prior to stabbing her infected mouth with a wire? Riley is a tough girl and she was so strong throughout it all. She has such a high pain threshold. Way to go Riley. Keep those teeth coming out. But can you try and have at least one more come out naturally? PLEASE!!

This is the sore. The picture does NOT do it justice.
Here is the evil wire X-ray picture. Look at how far that goes in.
All done!! Good work tough girl.

No comments: