The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I am Officially a RAGNARD!!

That's right, I ran the Ragnar!! And I LOVED it!! I am going to do it again and again. I had so much fun.The name of our team was "Love The Run You're With" and we were dressed like hippies. We started out in Logan with a start time of 11:00 am. We got the truck decorated and purchased some ragnar gear and we were on our way. We were van 1 so we had the first 6 legs then a break for 6 legs and then we were back on again two more times like that. I was runner number 5, which wasn't a bad draw either. I had my hardest leg first which was avon pass, 7 point something miles uphill in the dead middle of the day. Then I had a 4 mile run at 11:30 ish and the a 3 mile run at 11:00 in the morning. I was happy with my runs except for my last one I had to walk up my hill. But what was I to expect with running all day and being out in the sun all day, not eating good and no sleep? I had so much fun though. We cheered for total strangers. I made some awesome friendships. Stayed up all night singing in the back of a truck and laughed my head off. So you can bet I will be out on the trail at next years ragnar.

My ragnar medal.It's my favorite so far.
TA-DA!!! My favorite and most coveted prize from Ragnar, the car sticker. I drive with pride now knowing that bad boy is on the back of my car.


The front of our truck...all peaced out.
This just doesn't do it justice...the truck looked AWESOME!!
Allison, Angie and I enjoying some sun before our runs.
At one of the exchanges a guy was painting the ragnar symbol on people's legs. Of course Al and I had to do it.
Me, Allison and Lisa getting ready for the next stretch of running for our truck.
Middle of the night, head lamps on, reflective vests on, cowbell ringin, singin I Like Big Butts.What could be better?
The sunset.
Me right before my night run at 11:30. This leg was my best. It was dark and I love running in the dark anyways, but I was ALL BY MYSELF so I was scared and I was cookin.
Allison totally won for best bed head.

Ready for our last legs of running. We don't look too shabby for 3 hours of sleep.

1 comment:

Allison said...

We had a great time didn't we and I loved your post all until I got to that Bed head picture of course! So fun, great memories! Now if only I could keep up with you!