The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Ho Ho Ho!! Merry Christmas!!

Yeah Christmas Day!! I love Christmas. I love the smells and the excitement in the air. I love waking up early and watching the kiddos come into the room and see all the presents and head straight to their stockings like I always did. I love watching their reactions as they open their presents and see what they got. I love all of that. I do not love, however, puking babies on Christmas day. Or having to stop opening presents to catch throw up in a bowl. I do not love having to watch my little babe just sit on the couch instead of enjoy her presents because she just feels so sick. Poor paityn had the pukes on Christmas day. She did not feel good at all. However she felt well enough to open her presents in between pukes so that was good. The kids got up early on Christmas because it was Sunday and we WERE going to go to church. Those plans changed though. They came into the family room and stared at all of the presents under the tree that were not there the night before. Santa had come!! The ripped into their presents and after a quick session of wrapping paper flying and squeals of delight, Christmas was over. Well not really, but the best part of it was. The kids all got new clothes and luggage and candy and handheld learning toys. Chad and I got gift cards to go out and eat, and tickets to go see Brian Regan. I am so excited about that.We also got a new vacuum. It was a really good Christmas, minus Paityn being sick. Paityn and I stayed home while everyone else went to the King's for dinner and a party. We were sad about that but what do you do? I was excited for the kids to get home and tell me all about the party and what they got. It was a great day and I am happy that only one of us were sick.

Before opening presents. I used to hate when my parents made me wait to open presents and now I'm doing the same thing to my kids.
All Trevor asked for this year was a light saber and he got it. He was so excited.

Sweet P smiling even though she didn't feel good. What a trooper.
CHEESE BALLS!!! This was the kids reaction when they opened the box of cheese balls. Best reaction of the day!
The girls got clothes for their American Girl dolls. They were cute.
Santa brought the kids and Chad and I marshmallow guns this year. The kids opened the box and Riley said, "We got marshmallows...and...pipes?!" It was so funny. We had a few marshmallow wars that day. They're pretty fun.
The aftermath. The sign of a good Christmas Day!!

No comments: