The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Poor Princess Pai-Pai!

Last Saturday morning, January 7, we were doing our normal Saturday clean up. We did our chores and I headed off to go grocery shopping. On my way home from the grocery store, I get a phone call from Cami who informs me that Paityn has cut her lip and Dad needs help. I tell her that I am right around the corner and I'd be there in a second. We hang up and I floor it home. Not ten seconds later, my phone rings again. Again it is Cami and she informs me that Chad needs to talk to me. Chad gets on the phone and tells me that he thinks Pait needs to go to the ER. At this point I am pulling into my driveway so I hang up and run inside. Riley and Cami had 5 of their friends over at the time and as I come into the house, the house is lined with excited/freaked out children, including my three which brings the total to 8. It was pure chaos. As I make my way through the crowd of children who are informing me what happened, I'm calling for Chad because I can't see him anywhere. The line of kids proceeded towards the bathroom, so I felt it was the direction I should head. I made it to the bathroom where Chad was holding a crying Paityn with a towel on her lip and Riley was holding a tissue on Paityn's nose. What happened was this. Chad was playing with Trev and Pait in Pait's room. Paityn wanted to get in her crib. Chad put her in there and she was playing around holding onto the side while jumping up and down. Well she jumped a little too hard the last time and hip her lip on the crib. The force of the crib against her lip, split her lip open. When I saw it I thought for sure she was going to need stitches. The cut was only on the outside of her lip. She didn't cut the inside. We sent all the friends home and I packed Paityn up and headed to the urgent care. Paityn was so good, never cried, never complained. Even when the doctor looked at it and cleaned it all up. In the end the bleeding had stopped and he didn't want to traumatize her by stitching it up or anything else. He told us to keep it clean and keep neosporin on it. That's what we've been doing and it is healing up really well. Paityn is so tough though. She was awesome.

At the Urgent Care waiting to see the doctor. She wanted to play with the toys.
In the doctor's chair, smiling through the hurt. The nurse gave her a teddy bear and Paityn LOVED it!
My little sweet P!

No comments: