The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

We'll Be Home For Christmas

CHRISTMAS!! I love Christmas. It is my most favorite holiday ever. I love the sounds, the sights, and the smells. Christmas has a smell. Christmas trees, snow, rain, wrapping paper, new clothes, candy canes, cookies. Put them all together and you have the smell of Christmas. I LOVE IT! We got to go back home to California for Christmas this year. Everyone was there this year. Matt and Amy and their family, Nate and Penny and their family, me and Chad and our kids, Andrew and Jenny and Tanner, and Jeff and his FIANCE Jenna. Jeff Proposed to Jenna on the 23 right after we all arrived from Utah. We are all so excited to have Jenna in our family. She is a perfect match for Jeff. On Christmas Eve we did our annual Polar Bear Swim (pictures to come) and made cookies. The air was filled with excitement as we all went to bed. Bright and early Christmas morning we all got up and opened presents. It was so much fun. This year I actually waited a little bit to open my presents so that I could watch everyone else open theirs. The kids were so excited. Jeff and Jenna were cute and bought all the kids presents. The kids loved that. The kids this year got toys and clothes. Chad got tickets to a Jazz game and I got an ipod Touch. LOVE IT!! We also got a new camcorder. We are loving that too. Christmas day was spent playing with our new toys, visiting with family and napping. We had so much fun. It was great to see the whole family together again. It's a rare occasion that we can all get together, but when we do I'm reminded how blessed I am to belong to such a wonderful family.


All the stockings lined up in front of the tree before Santa came. Isn't that crazy?20 stockings!

Christmas Morning before the kiddos came in. Santa Definitely found his way to Grandma's

Chad opening his Jazz tickets. I was able to keep this one a secret this year.



Paityn opening her new Cabbage Patch Baby skunk. She LOVES babies.



Paityn and Riley. Paityn was not too happy right here because she had just gotten up and she wanted something to eat before opening presents. Crazy girl, I don't know where she got that from. Forget food, give me presents!



Riley and Cami with their dolls and horses.


The aftermath



We all made stockings on Christmas Eve. This one is Paityn's. I made it but I think it was the best one.



Riley's stocking. She did a great job on hers too




My stocking


Chad's stocking


Cami's stocking. Cami did an awesome job painting hers


Trev's stocking...hmmm...way to go Trev!




Trev and his stocking.




Me making my stocking.



All the kiddos painting away.


Grandpa and Trev shooting the gun. Before we went to CA my dad told Trev that he was going to take him out to shoot the guns. For the whole week before we left Trev was walking around the house saying "I'm gonna shoot Grandpa!" We corrected him of course but we knew what he meant. So sure enough, Grandpa took him out shooting and he LOVED it.



Here they are again. Trev did not want to stop. He kept saying "'Gin grandpa!"



No comments: