The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Monday, March 28, 2011

The Man I Love

Sometimes, as a woman, I just need to be sad.To be frustrated and mad and sulk and feel hurt.Also, because I am a woman, I need to take my frustrations out on somebody. Somebody who loves me...unconditionally. Someone who will understand that I am lashing out only because I'm irrational and illogical.And because he loves me unconditionally, I know that he will still be standing there with open arms when the storm passes.The man I love plays this part, and he plays it really well.He has learned that I don't need solutions to my problems. I just need him to listen. He has also learned that I don't enjoy the sly chuckle that says "you're being ridiculous". Although that is EXACTLY what he is thinking. While I'm sulking, he let's me know he loves me and then he naturally and easily takes over the role of both mother and father. He makes dinner, cleans the dishes and takes care of the kiddos so that I can be left alone to pull myself out of the depths of despair I get myself into.While he does all of these things to please me and make me happy, I act as if I am not amused by the things that he does. But he knows. He knows that when he takes over and lets me be by myself, I am able to make it through the day. He knows that I am happy that he is by my side. That he is my best friend. That I can count on him all the time because he is my rock and my everything. And in case he doesn't know, I wrote him this letter so that he will know that I am and always will be forever grateful to be HIS wife and best friend and HIS everything. And while we may not grieve or stress or hurt in the same way, we still feel the same amount of worry as the other. Because we share the same LOVE. And that is just one of the many blessings in my life given to me by the man I love.

No comments: