The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Monday, March 14, 2011

What an Awesome Birthday!! Great Friends, Great Food, Great Fun!!

I seriously had the BEST birthday. I wish every year, my birthday could be like the one I just had. First it started off by my GREAT friend, Eden, flying in from Boise to come and "play" with me in Salt Lake for a few days. I picked her up on Friday the 4th from the airport. We had a list of things we wanted to do. Starting with Kneaders!! I LOVE Kneaders. If you haven't gone...GO!!! It was so good. I wanted to go back for every other meal. Next we went shopping. Once we started shopping there was no stopping us. We shopped everywhere only stopping for great food.We ate yummy sandwiches, lots of cookies, got car sick on the way to some great french toast, sampled a really big piece of some really good fudge, we high stepped our way to some"ok" mexican, ate A LOT of meat and pretty much ate wherever, whenever and whatever we wanted. We drove all over for the best shopping. We were let down at the Gateway, raised our spirits at Ross, Found my new favorite store at Fashion Place, and fell in LOVE with Gardner Village. We also found time to relax and get a pedicure. We had a lot of laughs...wait that's an understatement. Tons of laughs. We made some great memories. Started some inside jokes, "SWITCH" and just had a blast catching up and spending time together. Thank you Eden for all that you did to make my special birthday a blast. It's your turn next. Also, I need to say a BIG THANK YOU to my awesome husband Chad, who for my birthday this year, gave me a three day two night shopping spree with no limitations. You are the best Honey and I love you so much. Also, Eden, I think that we started yet another tradition. What do you say? I know it'll have to be after the little one gets here but we can do this again right?Next time, VEGAS!!

I still can't believe that this is the only picture I got. I guess we were having way too much fun shopping and eating. Thanks again. I had so much fun. SWITCH!!

The day of my actual birthday, I got to sleep in. I woke up to the smell of bacon and eggs. My kiddos and hubby made me a birthday breakfast and it was so yummy. Next, we got ready and I ATTEMPTED to go to Riley's soccer game but had a detour. Came home and settled the sickies in for the rest of the day. Chad's mom came over at 4:30 to watch the kids so that chad and I could go meet some friends and get the party started. We left hoping that the kids would be ok and that the puking had stopped. It hadn't, but we knew they would be in good hands. Sorry Kathy. We really appreciate you and all you do for us. Back to the party. We met up with our awesome friends Tom and Allison Steed and Lea and Jake Shepherd st Pizza Factory. We enjoyed some good food and great company. After almost two hours of chit chat and getting stuffed, we headed over to the fun center for some more fun. We went bowling and couldn't stop after one game. We tried for a second game and learned our lesson that we should've stopped after the first game because the second wouldn't get any better. Except for Allison who stayed very consistent with her scores in both games. We were going to race on the big blow up toy but found out it was only for ten years old and younger. Dang just missed it by 20 years. Yikes! Then we were going to jump on the trampoline but there were too many kids on there and we also got a call from Kathy telling us that our boy was throwing up still. So we went over to Iceberg and had a LARGE milkshake. We all listened to Lea repeat lines from the movie,Blades of Glory, and CRACKED UP!! It was an awesome night. Thanks so much to my friends for coming out and having fun with us. We had a blast and we are looking forward to the next time. We will jump on that trampoline. And Please please always remember...I am and will always be the youngest.

This is fuzzy but it's Chad and I on the way to Pizza Factory to meet the crew.

Chad and I at the fun center getting ready to bowl

The three hot mamas...I gotta say that I LOVE this picture. I had so much fun with these two.

All of us enjoying our ice cream. Thanks again you guys. I had so much fun. Thanks for celebrating my birthday with me.

1 comment:

Nick and Trisha said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ali! You crack me up! I love your passion for life and your great attitude!