The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hayride and Pumpkin Patch Kuna Style

One of the evenings, while Dan and Chad were driving back from Jerome to drop off some calves, Eden and I decided to take all the kiddos to the pumpkin patch. We got there and made our way to the admission booth where I read a sign that said military discount. Now true Chad is NOT military but he DOES work on the base so I have a base ID and therefore get military discounts. So I ask for the military discount and Eden shoots me a look like what are you trying to pull. I assure her AND the lady at the counter that I am telling the truth. We ended up getting the whole crew in for under 10 bucks because of that military discount. Then Eden bought some tokens to do the fun things and off we went. First to the corn box...the kids LOVED that... then to the hay maze and bounce houses and swings and petting zoo and Cache and Bells even managed a pony ride. Not too shabby for a couple of hours right? Oh and we even had a few tokens left over so we decided that we would go and have each of the kids find a very small pumpkin and use the rest of the tokens to pay for them. So off we went on the hayride to pick the pumpkins. Each kid found the perfect most unique pumpkins for themselves. We even came in way under budget and had tokens left over for fresh HOT donuts. So much fun.

All the kiddos in the corn box. Trevor loved this and somehow figured out that he could wrestle with Cache in there and not get hurt. Cache was a good sport and played along with him. We managed to come home with very few kernels in their pants.


I didn't put Paityn in the corn box.She is in the phase where she puts EVERYTHING in her mouth. She was still happy though.
In the petting zoo. The kids got to feed goats and sheep and a pony. There was a camel there but we were all too frightened to feed it. Plus it slimed every one's hands who fed him. No thank you Mr. Camel.
Riley feeding the goat. He was so cute. On the hayride going to get our pumpkins. At one of the stops Bellamie and Trev stood up and headed to the steps and the tractor driver accidentally made the tractor lurch making Trev and Bells lose their balance. Trev was fine but poor Bellamie slammed her face into the railing. The tractor driver felt so bad and was embarrassed. Bellamie cried a bit but she was ok. On the next stops we waited until the tractor was fully stopped to stand up.
The smallest pumpkin ever. Eden found this one and I had to take a picture of it because it was so small. We thought we could shoot for some that were a touch bigger.

Ta-Da!! Here they all are with their cute and small and unique pumpkins.
Paityn was so excited about her pumpkin. She's so cute.
Just her size!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We did have fun for TWO whole hours didn't we?! That is so out of the ordinary for me...we talked about this...I didn't realize it until just now...but I was totally a cheap tightwad at Linder farms...the military discount...parceled out tokens...itty bitty pumpkins and shared doughnuts...my word!!! Boy did I put a budget on FUN or what?! I am turning into my mother!!!