The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Winner Winner Winner!!

On Saturday the 2 of Oct I ran in a 5K race in Layton. There was not a very big showing. 40 people at most...AT MOST! I was there with some friends of mine and we started off running together and then I took off running for some prizes. I could see 6 others in front of me, including one other girl...younger then me I might add. There was a pretty good distance between me and the people behind me. So big that I couldn't see anyone behind me.I was about half a mile from the finish line and about to turn towards the park when over from the right of me poured out the racers that were way behind me. How did this happen you ask? The police officer that was blocking traffic and guiding the racers told the first SEVEN people to go the WRONG way!!! We lost about 3 minutes and were now BEHIND the people we once left in the dust. I kicked it into high gear and past the ones I had been in front of before. Now I was back in 7th place. Then I past the only other girl in front of me. Now I was in sixth and lead for first female. Then I past two more guys and a third who past me back up right before the finish line. So I finished first female and fourth over all. Needless to say it was a big confidence boost for me for my half marathon coming up on Saturday. I won a bag full of stuff from Striders including a gift card to striders for 25 dollars. It was a winning day.

Me with all my winnings.

No comments: