The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Run Ali Run

I did it!! I did it!! I ran a half marathon. It was so much fun. I think I'm addicted. I want to do more. But I am 99 % sure that I will NEVER do a full marathon. After finishing the half I can't imagine running ANOTHER 13 miles. My knees were hurting with every step. I felt so good up until mile 9. My feet started hurting as well as my knee. From then on it got harder and harder to lift my knees to run. I never stopped though. I kept a steady pace the whole time and kept lengthening my stride. I was lucky enough to find a girl going my pace or a little faster half way through. We stuck with eachother to the end and ran eachother in. I loved running to the finish line and having them announce my name and hear the people cheer and seeing Chad and my kiddos cheering and holding up their signs. I had a blast and I can't wait for the next one...as soon as my knees forgive me. Oh and my finishing time was 1 hour 55 mins. I finished 75 overall, 31 female and 7 in my age group. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Cami and Riley holding their signs they made for me.

Me running in. I was having a hard time finding Chad and the kids.

I finally saw them as I was passing them.I was so excited.
All done!!
This is after the race. My legs were jello but my spirits were high.

Here are some more of the signs they made. The green one my brother Nate wanted me to make for myself from him.


My crew

Me and Chad after we got home


All of my signs. Thanks family!!

2 comments:

Choi Chatter said...

Great job! What an accomplishment! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

my favorite sign: Don't stop...people are watching! That is awesome!!! I'm so proud of my half marathon running friend...way to go chica!