The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Not cows Mom...CALVES!!!" Fun on the Farm!

Last weekend over the UEA break, we had a the privilege of going to visit our great friends the Beus family. We left on Thursday and came back on Sunday so we made the most of our vacation days and used them all up. We had so much fun. We played, ate good food, played, shopped and played some more. The kids had a blast on the farm. Trevor loved the "calves". Every time I said look at the cows or let's go see the cows, he corrected me and said, "Not cows Mom, calves!" He was Dan's shadow. Now, after seeing the cows getting milked and seeing how much Dan and Cache man LOVE to drink milk, my boy who once gagged at even the sight of milk is downing chocolate milk like it's going out of style. My goal for our last trip, which was two years ago, was to see Dan castrate a cow. This years goal was to see a cow have a calf. Knowing my chances were slim, I still had high hopes. Do you think I got lucky? YES I did!! I got to see a calf be born!We got to work and play on the farm. We went to a really fun pumpkin patch and picked the cutest pumpkins. Eden and I did some shopping at some really cute home decor stores. And Eden took our family pictures. It was a fun filled trip to say the least. It is always fun to see friends after time has gone by. Thanks Dan and Eden and family for letting us come and play. We always have such a fun time and we are anxiously awaiting the next trip. You guys are the BEST!

All the kiddos petting a BRAND NEW baby calf. When I say brand new, I mean hours old. Isn't it so cute? He was soft too.

Trev working on the farm. He LOVES tractors so this was a highlight for him.


Brooklyn and Riley trying to corral the baby calf that got away from the workers who were loading them into a trailer.

Got him trapped. Good job girls. You're hired!!

Cami and Trev playing in the new hay that is ready to be put in the pens for the calves. There were thousands upon thousands of calves in pens like these. Look at all of them! I do have to say that this is the most organized and clean farm I have EVER seen. It is quite the operation.

The kids petting another calf

This picture is out of order but it's of the girls corraling the calf again.


Dan told the kids that if they stick their finger into a calfs mouth it'll suck on it. My kids did not want to try that UNLESS they had gloves on. So Dan supplied them with black latex gloves.


Workin!! The girls decided to give the calves each a name. I don't know how many names they came up with but they came up with some interesting ones.

This little Calf is named Cami. Isn't she cute?!!


Cute little farmers

Riley, Brooklyn and Cami rescuing a VERY sick little kitty.

My kiddos at the milking station.This is the whole reason why Trev now drinks milk.


4 WHEELIN BABY!!

Trev LOVED the 4 wheelers...That's me in the background checking out the scene in "The Ladies Pen" to see if there was any action. No calves being born at the moment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what!!!! no comments on a VERY exciting trip to Beus Farms?!I will fix that! I did not realize that you took so many pictures on the farm...where was I ? It was so GREAT having you guys here!!! we miss the Kings and Queens:)