The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Life is Not Measured by the Breaths You Take But by the Moments That Take Your Breath Away!!

I am in a reminiscent mood today. I am feeling so overwhelmed by the blessings that have been poured onto me in my life recently. I would be ungracious if I didn't at least attempt to make a journal entry of what I am feeling right now. So here are my top ten moments in my life that have taken my breath away:

Getting accepted to then Rick's College with a full ride scholarship to play basketball. Basketball was my first love and I practiced hard to get better at the game and it paid off.

Meeting the man of my dreams. Chad played basketball at Ricks as well and his last year was my first year. We met and then 9 months later we started dating. I wasn't very "eye-catching" what can I say? I knew he was the one for me the first time I laid eyes on him.
The day Chad proposed to me. I remember the day so clearly. Mesa Falls, snow on the ground, ring in his pocket. He told me to sit down on the rock and the moment I did he was on one knee asking me to marry him and my life changed forever.

The first time ever going into the temple. That day was UNFORGETTABLE!

Our wedding day. It went by way too fast and I wish it would've slowed down. I LOVED that day. Everything was PERFECT. The weather, the flowers, the food, the limo... everything was just perfect.

The day I ran and finished my first half marathon. A fuse was ignited in me that day. What a feeling of complete and utter satisfaction in accomplishing something like that. Running 13.1 miles is not something that you can just go out and do one day. You have to train for it. I trained and I set goals and on this day I accomplished those goals and it was such a great feeling.


First off, don't judge me and my looks. I had just had my first baby and I looked TERRIBLE. The day I had my first baby, Riley, that day was life changing. I will never forget the moment they held her up and I got to see her chubby little face for the first time. I became a mommy that day and I am so blessed to have had that moment.


Baby number 2, Camden. Our second little girl and first red head. Oh she was a blessing to our family in so many ways and still brings little reminders to us each day of how blessed we are to have her.

Having our first baby boy, Trevor. He was a tank of a baby and has always been all boy. I felt a connection with him as soon as I saw him. This boy has taught me all sorts of things. The ones that top the list are patience and unconditional love.

Having my fourth baby, Paityn. What a joy she was from the get go. She has blessed our lives with peace and happiness and I remember the first time I held her I felt so close to my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

I am so thankful and full of emotion for all of these moments and so many others that have blessed my life. There are so many blessings that go unnoticed or are forgotten or are taken for granted. I hope that from here on out, I can have my eyes wide open to take in every single blessing, no matter how small, and give thanks for them in my life.

No comments: