The Kings

One King, One Queen, Four Princesses and One Prince

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"You Got The One You Prayed For"...Yes I Did!!



This is more of a journal entry then a blog post. I just want to be sure that I never forget what happened to Chad and I on Sunday and also that I never forget the things that were told to me. On Sunday, Chad and I went to the stake center for our first bishops training course. We met with the other members of the new bishopric and their wives, and also the stake presidency and their wives. We met all together at first and learned some things about just what a bishop and his counselors do and the job of each counselor. It was a tender experience and the spirit was so strong I just couldn't help but smile. My testimony has been strengthened a hundred times over just from these past two weeks. Being in the presence of the stake presidency, seeing the change in Jake and Chad and Brian, having my eyes opened to see the hand of the Lord blessing me and my family and feeling in his presence so much. I have been truly touched and inspired. After meeting with the men, us women split up and had a chance to be taught by the presidency's wives. What an experience. These women have been taught by members of the seventy and their wives. The quotes they shared with us, the stories, the love and support was second to none. We talked about the 25 section in the Doctrine and Covenants where the Lord speaks to Emma Smith. Sister Thane, the stake president's wife, who is in our ward, spoke to us about how the Lord told Emma that she was an elect lady. Sister Thane told Lea and Deeanne and I that we are called to this calling just as much as our husbands were and that we were chosen because we are elect women. That touched my heart so much. She also told us that our biggest part that we will play will be to comfort our husbands. Just as the Lord told Emma,"and the office of thy calling shall be for a comfort unto my servant, Joseph Smith Jun., thy husband in his afflictions with consoling words, in the spirit of meekness." This humbled me so much. I am not a very meek person. I struggle with that so much. While I tried to support Chad in his last callings in the bishopric, this is his third time called as the second counselor, I was never very meek.The definition of meek or meekness is: A disposition to be patient and long-suffering. Two things that I struggle most with. When they were speaking to us about how we need to be meek, my heart sank and I instantly remembered times that I was not so "meek". I really need to work on that and I know that I will need help beyond my power to assist me.They closed with verses 14 and 15 which say, "Continue in the spirit of meekness and beware of pride. Let thy soul delight in thy husband, and the glory which shall come upon him." "Keep my commandments continually, and a crown of righteousness thou shat receive..." I was so touched by the words that were taught to me by these wonderful women. I will never forget the feelings and emotions that I had while in that meeting. The last thing that Sister Thane shared was this, "You got the one you prayed for." I truly did. Chad is an amazing man and I know that he is forever destined for great things. I can only hope to be able to hitch a ride on his coat tails and take the journey. While I know I have so much to work on, I know that I have the support of these women to help me. I have the support of the wives of the bishopric. I have the support of my amazing husband to help me learn and grow and be strengthened by this calling. And I have the support of the Lord and I know that he is so close to me and I will never stop asking for help because I know that I will need Him every second of the day especially if I'm going to have to be meek. I cannot wait to learn and grow. This has already been an amazing experience for me and it is only the second week. What an amazing time. Third times a charm right? Here's to being meek.

No comments: